Staircases Stratford Upon Avon
By their very nature, all staircases will present some hazards and need to be used carefully. Any staircase you’re planning for your Stratford-upon-Avon property will need to be planned and designed to take account of safety regulations and with a view to the requirements of the people who will be using them. Fortunately, most Stratford-upon-Avon staircase designers will be aware of safety obligations and will design staircases to include important safety features.
Here are some of the safety features you could include in your Stratford-upon-Avon staircase:
- non-slip grippy strips on the treads – this can be particularly useful in outdoor settings, where a staircase could become slippy in wet and icy conditions
- designs which leave no gaps between treads – open rises are popular, but can be hazardous to children or older people. If you want your staircase to have an open rise, ensure your designer is following best practice with regards to safe design.
- handrails and balustrades – these should be positioned at an appropriate height and be suitably strong to help people climbing the stairs to feel confident
- winders – changing stair direction can help people use them more cautiously
- lighting – keeping a Stratford-upon-Avon staircase well lit will help ensure people can see where they are going and so they are less likely to trip
Obviously there is a balance to be achieved between appearance and safety, so it’s important to choose an expert Stratford-upon-Avon staircase designer to help you with this. Here at Volarus Special Projects we’re always happy to talk to you about your requirements.
We are part of:
These images/drawings are the property of Volarus special projects. They may not be copied, reproduced or disclosed to any third party, either wholly or in part, without the written consent of Volarus Special projects. All Images are copyright and remain the property of Volarus Special Projects.